"This Is Dedicated to the One(s) I Love"

My real motivation for creating this blog is Joseph, our fourth child. Of course, all of the family will be included, but I want to dedicate this site to my little Joe.
People often ask how Joseph is and this provides a great reference tool as well as an opportunity to share my son's life and his defect with those who care the most.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow

That seems to be the most common saying in Joseph's room these days: "maybe tomorrow"
He still didn't get the chest tube out today. I asked for an increase in his pain relief. Every 3hrs he gets either Motrin or Lortab. This has made his day much more comfortable, he was even able to get up and walk down the hall without crying out in pain. It's crazy.... they can't take out his chest tube but then they ask if I'm getting him up to move around- sure, no pain in that activity : big giant tube hanging, with no support, just a few stitches, out of a little skinny 4 year old chest. I didn't take any pictures of that, but I think I will, just to show how strong Joe is being. He really wanted to go outside today, so we did. Then, once outside, he wanted to go to the car. It wasn't the greatest reaction. I think everyone around us thought we were torchering our poor, sweet, sick child by exposing him to a trip outdoors. We were much more thoughtful about the places we decided to go on the next walk about. It seems the vending machine is a good destination, with a built-in reward. He can't get too upset when he's walking back to his room with CHeeTos in hand.
So.... like I said yesterday... maybe TOMORROW he'll get his chest tube out so we can go home.
I have to look on the positive side: at least it's not 6 weeks of Tomorrow's like it was after his cardiac arrest. I know reading a blog without photos is rather boring, so, sorry about that but I usually don't get to posting until rather late. But don't worry, I'll have some pictures to post TOMORROW.

No comments:

Post a Comment